We were in small groups with the Jr high girls last week, asking what it looks like for them to "deny themselves and take up their cross" as Jesus said to His disciples. They looked puzzled and didn't understand what that meant, so we broke it down for them. We asked them if there were times in their lives when they really wanted to do something but decided to put aside their own desires and chose to sacrifice because they knew it would honor God and bless someone else. After thinking about it for awhile, one girl said she would put together an Easter egg hunt for her sister because she's been begging her to do it all week long.
Jr higher: One time I put a piece of paper with nothing on it in an egg for her.
Co-leader: Well, maybe this time you can write a note to her!
Jr higher: Oh. I did write a note to her last time... I wrote the word "nothing" on the paper...
Us: 0_o
She's good.
No comments:
Post a Comment